Yes, Chocolate meditation… (Or you can use a raisin or nut if you want a healthier option).
Sunday, the day of rest … our day of pillaging the snack cupboard, feeling guilty or promising to hit the gym hard on Monday?
Why not enjoy the chocolate and use it as a form of meditation?
Choose some chocolate – either a type that you’ve never tried before or one that you have not eaten recently. It might be dark and, organic or fair-trade or whatever you choose. The important thing is to choose a type you wouldn’t normally eat or that you infrequently.
Here we go:
- Open the packet. Inhale the aroma. Let it sweep over you
- Break off a piece and look at it. Really let your eyes drink what it looks like, examining in every nook and cranny.
- Pop it in your mouth. See if it’s possible to hold it on your tongue and let it melt, noticing any tendency to suck at it. Chocolate has over three hundred flavors. See if you can sense some of them.
- If you notice your mind wandering while you do this, simply notice where it went, then gently escort it back to the present moment.
- After the chocolate has completely melted, swallow it very slowly and deliberately. Let it trickle down your throat.
- Repeat this with the next piece
How do you feel? Is it differently from normal? Did the chocolate taste better this if you’d just eaten it at normal breakneck pace?
Write it down on your pen and paper, if you want send it to me 🙂 I would love to see your answers.